We’ve worked closely with our suppliers to create packaging that is recyclable, and we’re continuously looking for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our packaging.
Here’s how to recycle your Blue Apron packaging in the most environmentally friendly way:
Option 1: Recycle at home
- Please reference our How to Recycle page for detailed instructions on recycling specific packaging, such as the box, liners, ice packs and more.
- If curbside delivery is unavailable in your area, you can locate a convenient recycling center by using our ‘Recycling Locator’ tool.
- Click the blue ‘Launch Recycling Locator’ button.
- Enter your zip code in the right-hand corner, and press enter.
- Select what type of material you would like to recycle to reveal recycling centers nearest to you.
Not sure of your local community’s recycling options and rules? Login to our Recycling Center and use the recycling locator to find how to recycle in your community.
Option 2: Return your packaging to us for free
No recycling options in your community? Return 100% of your meal packaging to us for recycling and reuse. We’ve partnered with the USPS to use existing delivery routes, so there’s no additional carbon footprint to your return.
Login to our Recycling Center to print your free return shipping label.
Option 3: Upcycle!
We hear from many Blue Apron members who ‘upcycle’ their packaging in all sorts of creative ways. See here for suggestions on how to reuse your packaging at home.