Casseroles are easy, warming, and make-ahead-able; all qualities essential to big game eating. Whether you plan to spend the weekend watching football, or you’re just in the mood for a cozy meal, these 11 delicious Sunday casseroles will satisfy your cravings.
1. Dig into Baked Orzo with Chorizo & Mozzarella
Dried chorizo and garlic bring a little kick to this baked pasta casserole recipe.
2. Scoop up Savory Sweet Potato Gratin
For pure comfort, turn to carbs. This vegetarian dish combines sweet potatoes with a rich béchamel sauce to deliver a complex and layered flavor profile.
3. Chow down on Mexican Rice & Bean Casserole
This baked dish was inspired by classic Mexican flavors. The hearty rice and bean base it topped off with baked tortilla strips for an irresistible crunch.
4. Gorge yourself with Cheesy Broccoli Rotini Casserole
Want to get your family to eat broccoli? Look no further. This crowd-pleasing recipe nestles healthy broccoli in between pasta and cheese for a virtuous take on mac and cheese.
5. Spice up Sunday with Chicken Mole Enchiladas
Are enchiladas a casserole? We’re not here to split hairs. All we know is that this recipes is hot, satisfying, and baked in a pan. It will satisfy your casserole craving either way.
6. Stuff your friends on Stuffed Shells
Channel your inner New Jerseyan with this saucy recipe for stuffed jumbo pasta shells.
7. Then, stuff your Beef-Stuffed Peppers
We snuck another vegetable in here! No eating around the pepper, it’s against the game day rules.
8. If football’s all Greek to you, make Moussaka
A squeeze of lemon keeps this decadent casserole from feeling heavy.
9. Tuck into some Shepherd’s Pie
Scientifically speaking, shepherds pie is a perfect food. This version is filled with a mixture of beef and lamb for a to create a hearty satisfying dish.
Here’s some good news: you don’t have to make just one! Grab your oven mitts and assemble your ingredients. It’s game time!