Running three restaurants isn’t easy. After a long day, Chef Edouardo Jordan occasionally likes to unwind with a cocktail. On those days, the Rencounter is one of his favorites. This simple bourbon peach cocktail is both light and strong. The bourbon brings intensity, the peach liqueur and lemon juice keep it bright, and the clove syrup adds a spicy kick. Make a batch of this clove simple syrup at home and save the extra for future rencounters, or experiment with your own signature cocktail recipe.
The Rencounter, a bourbon peach cocktail
- 1.5oz Bourbon
- .5oz peach liqueur
- .5oz clove syrup
- .5oz lemon juice
Clove simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup whole cloves
1. Make the clove syrup. Bring the water to a boil in a small pot. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
2. When the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat. Add the cloves and steep the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
3. Strain the syrup to remove the cloves and bottle. This clove syrup will keep in the fridge for up to one week. Try it in a cocktail of your own creation.
4. Make the cocktail. Measure and combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 3 oz of ice. Shake until the drink is chilled and condensation has formed on the exterior of the cocktail shaker.
5. Strain the drink into a glass over ice and garnish with a lemon twist. Sit back, unwind, and enjoy.
Learn more about our partnership with Chef Edouardo Jordan (and sign up to try a meal) here.