Each week, we’ll round up posts, videos, and even playlists to entertain you while you cook, and provide conversation fodder for tonight’s Blue Apron dinner. Today we’re planning for this weekend’s summery sandwiches and luxurious free time for getting busy in the kitchen:
An Herb-Chopping Trick – Beauty and Some Beef
- Sprinkling salt on your cutting board as you chop herbs helps keep your parsley, sage, rosemary, or thyme in place as you chop. Let us know if you try out this tip!
Making Ground Beef Sexy Again – Huffington Post Taste
- From burgers to meatballs, we tackle all the ways that ground beef, turkey, and chicken can help you make dinner in our weekly column for Huff Post. Don’t miss it!
Yearning for Simple Food – Poor Man’s Feast
- An essay on how a pot of beans can evoke friends, family, and love, this piece is a beautiful and moving read, and a reminder about how cooking isn’t just putting food on the table–it’s sharing a moment with the people in your life.
All the sandwiches – Wikipedia
- An amusing list of all the sandwiches in existence might inspire you as you pack your picnic baskets this summer. Or, turn to our subs, tortas, and salmon rolls for sandwich inspiration.
How Convenient Food Packaging Makes Eating Well Easy – Medium
- How having food packaged in the right proportions makes eating well much easier. Moe Arora says he’s more likely to eat those carrots when he’s know exactly how and when they should appear in his dinner. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.