Each week, we’ll round up posts, videos, and even playlists to entertain you while you cook, and provide conversation fodder for tonight’s Blue Apron dinner. Here’s what we’re reading and watching today:
Ramp Pizza – SmittenKitchen
- A recipe for a weekend baking project that starts with a trip to the market to buy ramps, one of spring’s most beloved vegetables (which subscribers will get to try next week). Deb makes homemade pizza dough, tops it with sauce, cheese, and these lovely wild leek.
Interview with David Rockwell – The New Potato
- The New Potato’s interview of the master of restaurant design, David Rockwell, explores how the look of a restuarant can tell a story, why dining is like going to the theater, and what it was like to bring restaurant design principles to…an airport terminal.
Genius Ice Cream Sandwich Shortcut – BuzzFeedFood
- How to make a perfect ice cream sandwich using nothing but a knife, two cookies, and a pint of ice cream. Seriously this tip is going to make summer weekends about ten times better. Let us know if you try it!
Dinner Party Ice Breakers – TheKitchn
- Ways to start conversations at cocktail and dinner parties without reverting to the essential, “So, what do you do?” Some of our favorite suggestions include: doing the Harlem Shake, asking what animal you’d most like to be, and inquiring whether your conversation partner is a native Pittsburgher.
6 Ways Dining at Restaurants Causes Overeating – Summer Tomato
- A totally sensible list that details how going to a restaurant can derail your attempts to eat mindfully and well. We’d like to add a seventh point to the list: make dinner at home!