Chef Edouardo Jordan didn’t get to where he is by following in someone else’s footsteps. The James Beard Award winning chef of JuneBaby, Salare, and Lucinda Grain Bar spent much of his early career working in classical French and Italian restaurants. They were a place to show and hone his culinary skill, but the style of food didn’t fully resonate with Chef Jordan’s soul. When he struck out on his own, he left this model behind.
Today, the food that Chef Jordan serves is more personal. His restaurants reflect the meals that he grew up making with his family, as well as the local cuisine of his home in Seattle. In 2017, Chef Jordan opened JuneBaby with the mission of serving “food with roots.” The Seattle restaurant, which was named one of Food & Wine’s best restaurants of 2018, is all about celebrating Southern flavors while appreciating the cultural significance behind them.
By teaming up with Blue Apron, Chef Jordan is taking this mission nationwide. Chef Jordan describes the menu he developed in partnership with the Blue Apron Test Kitchen as, “a reflection of my roots, my stories, and my history.” He continued, saying that the recipes were ‘“inspired by my Southern roots and the cuisine of the African diaspora.”
This story comes to life in his food. Beginning on 10/26, customers will be able to order a special Southern-inspired Thanksgiving Dinner, with recipes designed by Chef Jordan.
The Recipes Designed by Chef Edouardo Jordan
These recipes, serving up to eight people, include:
- Spice Roasted Turkey Breast
- Pimento Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Sage Gravy and Cranberry Relish
- Roasted Carrots in Ginger Syrup
- Mushroom-Braised Collard Greens
- Skillet Poblano Cornbread
- Peanut-Glazed Apple and Persimmon Crumble with Maple Syrup and Quatre Épices
After Thanksgiving, three additional recipes designed by Chef Jordan will be available as part of the 2-Serving and 4-Serving Signature menus:
- Dukkah-Spiced Steaks and Freekeh with Brussels Sprouts, Figs and Marinated Radish; available the week of 11/30
- Roasted Peanut Chicken with Cilantro-Dressed Pasta and Garlicky Green Beans; available the week of 12/7
- Crispy Skin Salmon with Risotto-Style Farro and Mushrooms; available the week of 12/14
Chef Jordan will also be featured on Blue Apron’s social channels during November and December. Follow along on Blue Apron’s Instagram and Facebook channels for bonus tips and tricks to accompany his recipes. Check out the recipes and place your order here.