Chef Roy Yamaguchi is best known for his cuisine fusing French technique with Asian-inspired flavors. This cocktail, however, is a big nod to his home in Hawaii. This pineapple and passion fruit cocktail is tropical and refreshing—the perfect thing to drink when you just want to kick your feet up. It’s not an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii, but it might be the next best thing.
Chef Roy’s recipe calls for Lilikoi syrup. Lilikoi is a type of yellow passion fruit that is popular in Hawaii. If you’re not lucky enough to have a Lilikoi tree in your backyard, we recommend substituting passion fruit syrup or passion fruit juice. Either way, the fruit’s tart and sweet nature will be the perfect complement to savory, earthy Tequila.
- 1.5 oz Tequila (Grand Leyenda Silver)
- .5 oz Lilikoi syrup
- .5 oz Ginger elixir
- .5 oz Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz Pineapple juice, freshly squeezed if possible
1) Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
2) Add ice and shake for 10-15 seconds, or until the outside of the (tin or steel) shaker appears frosty and chilled.
3) Strain into a rocks glass or martini glass. Garnish with a pineapple leaf. Cocktail umbrellas and salted rims are optional.
For more cocktails and meals from our chef partners, sign up for a Blue Apron box delivered to your door.