Add some warming spices to your cookie plate this year to stay extra cozy. These pumpkin spice-inspired snickerdoodles are flavored with cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves. Try this spicy take on a nostalgic favorite.
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles Recipe
Makes 20 cookies
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsps ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well on medium speed until incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture in 2 additions, beating on low speed until fully incorporated, 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Scoop dough into roughly 3 tablespoon portions, and shape into 20 balls. Roll balls in spice mixture until coated. Arrange balls 3” apart on prepared baking sheets.
4. Bake until outer edges start to set and wrinkle slightly, 12 to 14 minutes, rotating pans between top and bottom racks halfway through bake time. Remove from the oven; let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool completely, about 15 minutes.