NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. PLEASE READ THEM
CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. THE PROMOTION (DEFINED BELOW) IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM, INC. (TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATES, “INSTAGRAM”).
- Eligibility: The Thanksgiving Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the zip codes in the United States to which Blue Apron delivers its meal subscriptions who are at least eighteen (18) years old (“Participant(s)”). Participants may either submit an entry nominating someone to receive a Prize (as defined below) (“Entrant”), or be a person on whose behalf an Entrant submits a nomination (“Nominee”), but not both. Employees of Blue Apron, LLC, or any advertising, promotional, or other agencies involved in the creation, development, or administration of the Promotion, and any of its or their direct or indirect parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entry in the Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. Nominees who have previously requested that Blue Apron not contact them will not be included in the Prize drawing.
- Sponsor: Blue Apron, LLC, 28 Liberty Street, 28th Floor, New York, NY 10005
- Timing: The Promotion begins at 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time on November 12, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on November 14, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by: 1) following @blueapron on Instagram, 2) tagging the person you wish to nominate to win a Prize, and 3) commenting with why, your opinion, the person you tagged deserves a free Thanksgiving Feast this year. Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by sending an email with your complete name, telephone number, email address, and date of birth in the body of the email; the name, telephone number, email address, and date of birth of the person you are nominating in the body of the email; and “Thanksgiving Sweepstakes” in the subject line of the email to email@example.com, to be received by the end of the Promotion Period. Such alternative entry shall be instead of, rather than in addition to, entry via the Instagram Nominations method described above. No purchase is necessary to enter.
- Selection and Verification of Winners: Five (5) winners will be selected randomly by Sponsor during the Promotion Period, from amongst all eligible nominations received during the Promotion Period (each, a “Winner”). Sponsor’s selection of the potential Winners (or alternates if necessary) is final, binding and conclusive on all matters relating to the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to not award any prize if, in its sole and absolute discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and/or qualified entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of nominations received. Any potential Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor and is not a Winner unless and until that Entrant’s eligibility has been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. A potential Winner will be required to execute certain documents, which may include, without limitation, an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, W-9 and, where imposing such condition is permitted, a publicity release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, does not wish to accept the Prize, or fails to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period, that potential Winner forfeits the Prize and an alternate Winner will be selected by random drawing from among all other eligible Entrants.
- Prize: Winners shall receive one (1) Classic Thanksgiving Meal Kit for 6-8 (approximate retail value of $109.98). All taxes (including without limitation federal, state, and local taxes) on or connected with the Prize, if any, and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein, if any, are the sole responsibility of each Winner respectively. Each Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No cash equivalent unless required by law and prize is non-transferable. No substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if a Prize should become unavailable for any reason, including if the Sponsor does not receive shipping information for the Winner before the order deadline for Thanksgiving Feast boxes, 11:59 pm November 16, 2021.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Winner’s name, Instagram username, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media, manner, and formats now known or hereafter devised, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize to a randomly-selected Nominee from among all eligible Nominees up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Participant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York state court located in the Borough of Manhattan, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.