What’s the most irresistible part of your barbecue buffet? The slider platter, of course. For one, the slider doesn’t force you to commit to just one entrée; it gives you the ultimate mix and match opportunity. Three bites of perfectly ratio-ed ingredients, endlessly customizable, and in miniature form – who could say no? Sign us up.
So why is it that our love for sliders flares up around this time of year? Perhaps because the slider fits into the Fourth of July narrative: mini slider patties seeking independence from the big, traditional burger! Seceding from their whole! Not sure where we’re going with this, but we are sure that sliders feel right at home on our plates (or simply in our hands) for Independence Day.
So, we’re rounding up five of our favorite slider recipes – some vegetarian, some not – so that you can outfit your FOJ table with some seriously delicious morsels. What are we waiting for? Let’s slide right into it!
1. Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sliders with Homemade Pickles & Coleslaw
2. Pulled Chicken Sliders with Homemade Pickles & Mexican-Style Corn
3. Lamb & Beef Sliders with Harissa-Labneh Sauce & Cucumber Salad
4. Beet, Goat Cheese & Apple Sliders with Fingerling Potato Salad
5. Turkey Burger Sliders with Brioche Buns & Toasted Hazelnut and Arugula Salad
Looking for a sweet treat to round out your dinner spread? Try this strawberry and pretzel ice cream pie.