Palomas are everything: sweet, sour, simple, and beautiful. Whether you’re looking for a way to unwind after work, or a simple sipper to enjoy while you’re cooking, this three(ish) ingredient cocktail is the way to go.
This recipe comes from chef Amanda Freitag, who loves palomas for their no-fuss charm. When making this at home, try chef Amanda’s trick for a low-effort, high-impact garnish. Cut a paper-thin slice of grapefruit and tuck it against the inside of the glass. Even though this is easy to make, it’s so beautiful that it will wow your cocktail companion.
Amanda Freitag’s Favorite Paloma Recipe
Makes 2 cocktails
- 4 oz Tequila
- 1 Cup grapefruit juice (bonus points for fresh-squeezed)
- 1 17 oz bottle of sparkling water or grapefruit soda
- 1 slice lime for garnish
- 1 thin slice grapefruit, for garnish
- Pinch of salt (optional)
1. To make, pour the Tequila, grapefruit juice, and sparkling water in a pitcher. Add a pinch of salt if you desire, there’s plenty of room to riff. Stir to combine.
2. Thinly slice a round of grapefruit and line your serving glass with it. Pour the cocktail over ice, perch a slice of lime on the edge of the glass, and enjoy.
Want more Amanda Freitag? Learn more about her favorite ingredients here