One of the season’s most versatile vegetables is back and better than ever! Here are our ten favorite ways to cook with fall squash.
Fall squash recipes
1. Penne Pasta & Delicata Squash with Kale & Ricotta Cheese
Unlike many cool-weather squash, delicata squash has skin that is tender enough to eat, which makes for easy prep.
2. Butternut Squash Pasta with Romaine & Apple Salad
Fresh rosemary, fried until deliciously fragrant and crispy, contrasts wonderfully with the sweetness of the roasted butternut squash in this satisfying pasta dish.
3. Stuffed Delicata Squash with Quinoa, Broccoli & Pickled Raisins
Here, we’re roasting and stuffing delicata squash (a particularly sweet, tender variety) with a nutty, savory filling of red quinoa, sautéed broccoli, and tangy goat cheese.
4. Spaghetti Squash Marinara with Mushrooms & Garlic Knots
Spaghetti squash is a culinary wonder: once cooked, its flesh transforms into delicately sweet, spaghetti-like strands perfectly suited for a savory red sauce.
5. Fall Squash Risotto with Brussels Sprouts & Chestnuts
This easy autumn risotto is one of our favorite butternut squash recipes for fall. It pairs the dish’s rustic northern Italian roots with a few sophisticated, seasonal touches.
6. Roasted Acorn Squash with Couscous Salad & Dressed Pea Shoots
Top off a delicious grain or pasta with roasted acorn squash. In this dish, dried apricots and carrots sautéed with vibrant Aleppo pepper lend the fluffy couscous welcome texture and pops of delicious flavor.
7. Spicy Butternut Squash Empanadas with Green Tomato Salsa & Lime Crema
A Mexican street-food favorite turns into an autumnal delight with these tasty butternut squash-filled empanadas.
8. Shokichi Squash Pasta with Walnuts, Sage & Kale
We’re warmly welcoming fall with this recipe, which combines two comfort food staples: hearty pasta and robust, cool-weather squash.
9. Butternut Squash & Gouda Casserole with Rigatoni, Brussels Sprouts & Chestnut Breadcrumbs
On top, a crispy crust made with Parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs and—for a seasonal twist—sweet roasted chestnuts adds delicious crunch and flavor.
10. Squash & Spinach Pizza with Caramelized Onion & Honey-Black Pepper Ricotta
This sophisticated veggie pie has it all—including some of the fall’s best produce.
Check out our guide to spaghetti squash for even more recipe ideas.